Monday, April 12, 2010

Final Blog Post Elliott, Katie

“The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.” - Frank Zappa
Before this January, I had never worked on a blog. Or blogged anything. I had heard all the hype about how they were everywhere, but I never looked. Now, I find that I enjoy it. I enjoy blogging mainly because it is an interesting way to share information. The have simple layouts and only basic skills are needed to embed photos and videos in them. They are a fun platform from which you have freedom to post as you see fit. (Shockingly, since January, I have also become a fan of Twitter as well).

I see myself more and more actively participating and critiquing in an online community of information sharing. It has helped me to become more informed and involved in my local community and as well as more in touch with happenings nationally and globally. In the future I plan to continually use the skills I learned this term in a variety of applicable ways. Now with an understanding of how easy it is to add a multimedia component to the information I create, and how this adds so much more depth, interest and colour to any story or morsel of information I am trying to share.

I would like to start my own blog, but don’t feel like adding to the clutter of the Internet with some aimless, self-indulgent space I can call 'Katie’s Blog'. I am in quest through life, and school, to discover the issues and causes that are most interesting and inspirational to me, to which I can apply my now harnessed and growing Internet skills and produce some quality content. I am interested in becoming more involved in events and promotional work and believe that many of the skills learned this term will serve as invaluable tools, and aid in my future success.

Here are some links to my editing comments on other blog posts:

Twit...tweet...Twhat?, Isaac Kaplyuk

Final Blog Post, Erik Nelson

Media Consolidation, Trevor Robb

It's not safe out there, Trevor Robb

Writing for the Web. Smith, Chelsey



Image Source: The Knitting Physicist

1 comment:

  1. Good Post Katie, you make some good points toward "adding to the clutter of the internet," a blog does seem hard to manage and keep up with during school and everything else going on for a university student.

    ReplyDelete